How much longer does it take to brew all-grain?

Question:

How much longer does it take to brew all-grain? This is a hobby, but I can’t dedicate 6 hours, if that’s what it really takes.

Answer:

Your first couple of times you can expect it to take as much as 7 or 8 hours from the beginning of the day until you have everything cleaned up and put away. I’ve got it down to about 5 hours including cleanup and all. I can’t imagine it getting a whole lot shorter than that. Of course, I brew 10 gallons at a time, and could brew 15 in the same time. Increase your volume and you decrease your time per volume.

Also keep in mind that only about 30% of this time do you have to actually be actively doing stuff. The other 70% of the time involves waiting, so you can use the time to do other stuff around the house if you like.